Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging TNCA Tropical Sim and IWI
I own the Flight1 scenery of the IWI (Islands of the West Indies) which includes Aruba TNCA already. Do you have an idea on how I can merge the two together?
Hi Mike.

Well, I don't have their sceneries here, so I could not assure you how to do it, but generally the best way is to install our scenery and let it be above all others, on a superior layer at the scenery library.
As we make just the airport`s area, not interfering with the rest, it may be enhanced by the user with many land-classes an meshes available on the web; our exclude commands (restricted to the airport area) may be enough to not let other airport shows mixing with our installed above it.
In other words, puting our Aruba over their scenery could let their TNCA airport away, but the rest of their region appearing.

On the majority of the cases this works and is enough, but I can`t really garantee that to you about IWI files cause as I`ve said: we don`t have them here to test. Another thing that coul help togheter is to seekwhat BGLs files of them are responsable for TNCA airport only, and put them aside from the "scenery" folder they are, but without deleting them, of course.

My best regards,
Carlos Pereira.
Quote:Hi Mike.

Well, I don't have their sceneries here, so I could not assure you how to do it, but generally the best way is to install our scenery and let it be above all others, on a superior layer at the scenery library.
As we make just the airport`s area, not interfering with the rest, it may be enhanced by the user with many land-classes an meshes available on the web; our exclude commands (restricted to the airport area) may be enough to not let other airport shows mixing with our installed above it.
In other words, puting our Aruba over their scenery could let their TNCA airport away, but the rest of their region appearing.

On the majority of the cases this works and is enough, but I can`t really garantee that to you about IWI files cause as I`ve said: we don`t have them here to test. Another thing that coul help togheter is to seekwhat BGLs files of them are responsable for TNCA airport only, and put them aside from the "scenery" folder they are, but without deleting them, of course.

My best regards,
Carlos Pereira.

It works perfectly. Thanks!!!
Hi, have the same, so I tried it by myself: Now my Island of aruba has the textures of IWI, but Airport and landscape (the mountains) are the default or from TropicalSim Aruba. How can I disable the "landscape"(mountains) of TropicalSim? Or is this the default FS9-Scenery???
Quote:Hi, have the same, so I tried it by myself: Now my Island of aruba has the textures of IWI, but Airport and landscape (the mountains) are the default or from TropicalSim Aruba. How can I disable the "landscape"(mountains) of TropicalSim? Or is this the default FS9-Scenery???

Hi Air Aruba.

That mountains are not ours.
We do just the airports. Nor mountains or surrounding areas either.
This is why anyone can use our airports over any other Land-Classes or Mesh Terrains they may have, as there are no interferences from our airports over those files, but the restricted area of the airport itself.

In your case, it looks like default terrain is over your IWI landscape.
Try to put your IWI files on a superior layer at scenery library, and then, our sceneries over it again. So priorities would be:

1- Tropicalsim Aruba.
2- all other Tropicalsim airports
3- IWI files.
3- all other files.

This may work nice.

My best regards,
Carlos Pereira.
Quote:Hi Air Aruba.

That mountains are not ours.
We do just the airports. Nor mountains or surrounding areas either.
This is why anyone can use our airports over any other Land-Classes or Mesh Terrains they may have, as there are no interferences from our airports over those files, but the restricted area of the airport itself.

In your case, it looks like default terrain is over your IWI landscape.
Try to put your IWI files on a superior layer at scenery library, and then, our sceneries over it again. So priorities would be:

1- Tropicalsim Aruba.
2- all other Tropicalsim airports
3- IWI files.
3- all other files.

This may work nice.

My best regards,
Carlos Pereira.

Oh ok thanks Carlos :-)

Well...perhaps it´s only in my imagination, and that´s the "IWI-Mountains"
I started and landet a houndred times in aruba, and I don´t know, how it was with IWI...

I took some screenshots of my "problem" =)

[url=\"http://imageshack.us\"][Image: fsscr034er6.png][/url]
[url=\"http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=353&i=fsscr034er6.png\"][Image: fsscr034er6.df2ef81b9b.jpg][/url]

[url=\"http://imageshack.us\"][Image: fsscr035sj8.png][/url]

@MikeAruba:
was the IWI-Scenery the same like that on my screenshots?