Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AES issue with SODE
Downloaded the long awaited AES for SBGL 2016 which came out yesterday, but I have got gate issues.

I cannot get the AES gates as I get a message from AES help that there is an issue with SODE.

The SBGL2016 gates are showing.

Posted on Aerosoft forum but as yet no solution, got a suggestion to copy the TropicalSm SBGL2016 xlm contents to the 12bPilot

folder which does not contain a cfg,xlm or SDK files.

This does not work has I need administration right??

Have re-installed the scenery but this does not make a difference.

I have SODE 1.3.1 which I did not activate until today as I prefer AES and not SODE.

Had an old SODE in main FSX folder and there are files (like MKStudios gates in FSX SimObjects misc. folder.).

What I cannot understand is that I cannot just  get AES gates without all this problem with SODE.

AES forum member has the same issue with another airport, this issue has also not been solved as yet.

So I am not the only one.

Hope TropicalSim can help me with this issue so that I can enjoy AES gates and the new 2016 airport, had previously AES with the

old airport without issues.

If I remove SBGL I do not get the AES/TropicalSim issue message.

There is a conflict somewhere.

Please see attachments.

Attached Files
.jpg   AES SBGL issue FSX.jpg (Size: 263.16 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   SODA info.jpg (Size: 41.22 KB / Downloads: 1)
Henry,

Do you mean GSX or AES? Because AES has no connection with SODE, but GSX can activate SODE jet bridges.

If you do mean AES, then why do you want to use SODE if AES already does everything???

Either way.... go to sode website (http://sode.12bpilot.ch/) download the latest version of SODE and install it following the instructions. As long as all the instructions given are followed you should have no problem.

If you have problems with SODE, reinstalling our scenery is of no good. You must first get SODE working, and that is independent of our scenery. See on the menu where you can test connections.

OBS: SODE no longer install itself in the FSX folder, you probably have a mixup of old and newer files. Make sure you remove all leftovers.

EDIT: Never mind, I only saw the screenshot afterwards. That is an error from AES, not SODE, not our scenery. You need to contact AES support and see what that error means, I have no idea what it could be I'm afraid Sad  My guess is it seems to be looking for files but cannot find.  Do you have the file C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\TropicalSim_SBGL.xml???
Sorry about this long reply, I apologise in advance.

You wrote, Do you have the file C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\TropicalSim_SBGL.xml???
Answer: no the TropicalSim xml is in the SODE file which came with SBGL scenery, a default (empty) xml did not come when I updated the SODE today, from V1.3.1 to V1.3.4. Put you file in manually after making a xml folder.

I did not alter/copy bgl files from SBGL as I do not want SODE but AES. Or is this a requirement or is there a faulty file somewhere.

AES forum says it is a SODE issue???
If I remove SBGL the error issue goes, no problems with other AES airports recently installed/updated like Miami.

From the Aerosoft AES forum I have copied their last reply  and what I wrote after that.

AES Forum

Sorry ,

but it is not an issue of AES.
Your problem is based on a SODE issue, releated to the switch from SODE 1.2.x to 1.3.x, where the file and folder Structur of SODE has change.
Some Scenery installer still install the old version, when you use not the newer 1.3.x compatible Installers for the Scenery. More you can read here

And keep in mind, SODE don't only provides jetways for the sceneries, it also is used to display other object in the scenery, like seasonal Tree and so on. If SODE is not correct working, this parts are not displayed
AES needs to change the config files off Sode to remove the jetways, but when there is a mixed installation with old and new Sode, this is not possible.
So, before you done clean up the of SODE parts from the <FSX> Folder, SODE is not correct installed and AES can not activiate Airports used SODE.

You can find a SODE Migration Docu on the SODE Website, where you also can find the newest Version 1.3.4

My reply

Removed via ADD/Remove V1.3.1, then manually the FSX SODE & FSX SimObjects SODE.
Installed version 1.3.4.
Activated the SODE, checked the long log info and there was one warning.
[21.41.57.424] VDGS Pack not found or installed.

In my previous FSX SODE I had the following three extra files which contained the following info
cfg/ DrzewieDesign.sdx
sdx/EPWA_X.org before AES & UUEE_X.sdx
xml/MK STUDIO_Jetways before AES & MK STUDIO_Jetways.xlm

I tried copying the TropicalSim_SBGL into a x/m folder that I made, no didderence.
My path in the SODE is 12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects\DODE_DYN, this contains a model,texture,sound and sim(cfg) file.

Why is it happening with SBGL and never with the other airport.
Also just Malaga and am frightened that this gives the same issue.
I am not an expert, and a SODE learner that is why I have tried to keep away frrom it.
There was another customer with a similar issue but at another airport, has his issue been solved.
Do I need to send the contents of SODE log or FSX cfg?

Hope this information help.
Hello,

What I believe is happening is the following:

AES is looking for SBGL 2016 SODE files.

AES is not finding said files since you did not place the files there, due to the fact that SODE is optional. Ok. That's fine.

BUT...

Here is what seems to be the issue that the guys at AES need to fix: SBGL 2016 does not use SODE jetways by default, SODE is optional. AES seems to be treating SBGL 2016 as a SODE airport by default, hence it's searching for that file. AES cannot treat SODE as obligatory for our airport, and this is where the guys at AES need to fix the problem.

There absolutely NOTHING we can do here. It's totally up to AES to fix the issue, since it is an issue.... in AESHelp software. It's AES that is giving you the error message. Not SODE and not our airport.

Please tell the nice guys at Aerosoft/AES that SBGL 2016 does not have SODE by default, hence not finding SODE related file should not reproduce an error, it's a simple as that, but like I said, there's nothing I can do to fix this, it's up to Aerosoft/Oliver to fix the issue within AES. I'm not the author of AES, I do not have AES source code to fix said problem. Please understand it's not me not wanting to help, it's me having no way to help since the AES software does not belong to us.

Also:

"but it is not an issue of AES.
Your problem is based on a SODE issue, releated to the switch from SODE 1.2.x to 1.3.x, where the file and folder Structur of SODE has change.
Some Scenery installer still install the old version, when you use not the newer 1.3.x compatible Installers for the Scenery. More you can read here"

This reply is not correct. AES is treating again SODE as obligatory. The guy who replied thinks you have the SODE files in another folder, when in fact you don't have the SODE files ANYWHERE, since you do not use SODE, since SODE is optional.

You can copy and paste my reply over there so they can better understand that the problem is not that the SODE files are in another folder like in older version pre-1.3, but that there is no SODE files AT ALL, period. Not finding said SODE files should not flag an error. It's as simple as that.

Best Regards,

Leandro Machado
http://www.TropicalSim.com
Thanks for your very quick reply, what you wrote sounds extremely plausible to me.

I updated your SBGL (have a number of TropicalSim fantastic airports) to 2016, and bought extra credits with the latest AES version

straight away to use with SBGL.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

(09-04-2016, 02:03 AM)henry link Wrote: Thanks for your very quick reply, what you wrote sounds extremely plausible to me.

I updated your SBGL (have a number of TropicalSim fantastic airports) to 2016, and bought extra credits with the latest AES version

straight away to use with SBGL.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi Henry,

Something crossed my mind to "fool" AES that you have a SODE file for SBGL 2016 until they can provide a real fix... create an empty TXT file called "TropicalSim_SBGL.xml" and place it in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml

Maybe AES will then find what it's looking for [Image: dunno.gif]

Best,

Leandro
Leandro,

You are 100% correct with your advice.

I posted your reply on the AES and got this reply.

I have doublecheck the installation of TropicalSim SBGL based on the info's Leandro gave you and I will change AESHelp tomorrow, so that it will handle the situation, that SODE is existing but not used for a scenery.

As workaround, please unzip the attached file into the <FSX>\Aerosoft\AES\AIRPORT Folder and start AEShelp to activate SBGL 2016.

SBGL without Sode.zip

Installed the file and have now AES.

After nearly three days of posting messages on forums, deleting & (re)-installing/updating SODE, SBGL etc etc.the issue is solved.

If I had not posted the issue on TropicalSim I would still be looking.

I knew that it was nothing to do with SBGL.

I do not know why Aerosoft did not check AES files first, it would have saved a lot of time and frustration.

You have helped me in the past and this time you also did everything to help with succes.

Once again many,many thanks. Very grateful.

PS. The jetways on the old terminal have TOTAL advertisements and the new terminal jetways are white.

Will Rio airport be changing these in the future.

Best Regards Henry
Hi Henry,

Very glad all is sorted. I was sure our friends at aerosoft would come through in the end.

As for the jetways in the new terminal, they are without advertisements at the moment, only the jetways at the old terminals have them in real life currently, so we reproduced it that way in the sim as well.

Best,

Leandro