Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye FS9! Hello X-Plane 11?
Hi everyone,

I'll just drop the bomb: Unfortunately FS9 is no longer viable to maintain. The number of sales made for SBGR and TNCA's new fs9 version in the 9 days of sale until now would be reached within the first hour or two of the same FSX/P3D product.

Here's some better news: We're giving X-Plane another shot, now with version 11. No promises on future releases, but we'll again test the waters with an X-Plane 11 version of Aruba TNCA 2017. It should hit the simmarket sales page any minute now.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Best Regards,

Leandro Machado
http://www.TropicalSim.com
Smile 
I couldn't agree more and would be really happy to see some (or all!) of the sceneries I bought for FS9 available for X-Plane 11. After almost 15 years with FS9 (and not liking FSX all that much), I last year bought XP11, and I haven't been back to FS9 since. And XP is, unlike the defunct MSFS, constantly being developed and improved.

However, some of the TropicalSim sceneries I bought were quite an outlay (the complete Azores for instance) and I wouldn't want to be paying again for old sceneries revamped for XP11. There is (as you are aware no doubt) a freeware converter that will create XP11-ready sceneries from FS9 and FSX installations. But there are usually anomalies, floating objects for instance, that are often very difficult to correct for non-programmers. But presumably not SO much work for skilled professionals like at TropicalSim! [Image: smile.png]

Could you give an idea of what your policy will be when re-issuing your old FS9/FSX sceneries in versions for X-Plane 11 (assuming you intend to do so)? And for those who already purchased the MSFS versions and already have a valid key?

Also, do you by this stage have a 'to do' list so that we might know what, if anything, is in the pipeline? I'd love most of all to have your complete Azores scenery in XP11 - assuming you'd have a good deal for those who have already bought it in FS9 or FSX versions?

Thanks!

Martin
Sad 
(06-19-2018, 08:20 PM)martinlest Wrote: I couldn't agree more and would be really happy to see some (or all!) of the sceneries I bought for FS9 available for X-Plane 11. After almost 15 years with FS9 (and not liking FSX all that much), I last year bought XP11, and I haven't been back to FS9 since. And XP is, unlike the defunct MSFS, constantly being developed and improved.

However, some of the TropicalSim sceneries I bought were quite an outlay (the complete Azores for instance) and I wouldn't want to be paying again for old sceneries revamped for XP11. There is (as you are aware no doubt) a freeware converter that will create XP11-ready sceneries from FS9 and FSX installations. But there are usually anomalies, floating objects for instance, that are often very difficult to correct for non-programmers. But presumably not SO much work for skilled professionals like at TropicalSim! [Image: smile.png]

Could you give an idea of what your policy will be when re-issuing your old FS9/FSX sceneries in versions for X-Plane 11 (assuming you intend to do so)? And for those who already purchased the MSFS versions and already have a valid key?

Also, do you by this stage have a 'to do' list so that we might know what, if anything, is in the pipeline? I'd love most of all to have your complete Azores scenery in XP11 - assuming you'd have a good deal for those who have already bought it in FS9 or FSX versions?

Thanks!

Martin

No reply. Doesn't augur well...
Hey Martin,

Sorry my friend, I honestly did not see your post :-( Anyway, unfortunately the XP11 experiment was also a flop, we are sticking with FSX and P3D for the moment. The market share for XP11 is still very small that for us (maybe different for other developers) it's not worthwhile the time spent to develop, convert and export for XP11. That time would be much better spent working on FSX and P3D releases that dominate over 95% of the flightsim market. I really wanted for XP to hit it off, I really did. We put out some 6-7 airports for XP10, now we have another shot for XP11, but unfortunately it was not to be. I hope you understand our position.

Best Regards,

Leandro Machado
http://www.TropicalSim.com