Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pico Hotfix, download inside
#1
Hello there,

Hope you are all enjoying the sceneries. We have made available the download for a hotfix for Pico Airport, that takes care of the things listed bellow:

* Removed duplicate flatten that caused flickering from some angles. (fs9 only)
* Replaced scasm-coded runway markings with custom runway markings.
* Hold-short lines added
* Ground number marking added
* Borderline on turn-arounds added

HOTFIX DOWNLOAD:

FS9 Version:
http://www.tropicalsim.com/download/patc...FS9_SP.exe

FSX Version:
http://www.tropicalsim.com/download/patc...FSX_SP.exe

We still have plans to further enhance both Pico and Santa Maria airports with animated vehicles, some more custom airport vehicles and items, such as the airstairs we made with SATA Air Azores colors for Santa Maria, but will also be placed in Pico.

Anyway, because the first two airport singles have been released, does not mean the work is over. We are very happy that we are receiving many compliments on our work, and we want to build on this work to make it even better.

If you have any suggestions, let us know.

Best Regards,

Leandro Machado
http://www.TropicalSim.com
Reply
#2
Quote:Hello there,

Hope you are all enjoying the sceneries. We have made available the download for a hotfix for Pico Airport, that takes care of the things listed bellow:

* Removed duplicate flatten that caused flickering from some angles. (fs9 only)
* Replaced scasm-coded runway markings with custom runway markings.
* Hold-short lines added
* Ground number marking added
* Borderline on turn-arounds added

HOTFIX DOWNLOAD:

FS9 Version:
http://www.tropicalsim.com/download/patc...FS9_SP.exe

FSX Version:
http://www.tropicalsim.com/download/patc...FSX_SP.exe

We still have plans to further enhance both Pico and Santa Maria airports with animated vehicles, some more custom airport vehicles and items, such as the airstairs we made with SATA Air Azores colors for Santa Maria, but will also be placed in Pico.

Anyway, because the first two airport singles have been released, does not mean the work is over. We are very happy that we are receiving many compliments on our work, and we want to build on this work to make it even better.

If you have any suggestions, let us know.

Best Regards,

Leandro Machado
http://www.TropicalSim.com


Thank You so much.

Best Regards
Rob
Reply
#3
Hello Leandro.

i bought Pico and Santa Maria.

I saw that you really worked a lot on the airports. We can see that you really took care of it.
(impressive ground textures)

About the islands, i don't remember what was your ojective. It's just that i was expecting some photoreal or custom ground textures. And i did'nt see the crater in Pico.
oh, i know that all of this is a huge amount of work. Maybe later ?

Don't forget that a lot of people (and me too) are waiting for Terceira airport, after the
Air Transat famous glide landing...

I wrote an article on my blog. Remember that when i write an article on a scenery, it is because
it is among the best. Bad sceneries, i don't even write about them..

Keep the nice work, and sometimes tell us about your team.

Dom Mason
Airdailyx
http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/
Reply
#4
Hi Mason,

How are you? Thank you for your posts in your blog. I am a regular over there by now <img src=\'http://www.tropicalsim.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif\' class=\'bbc_emoticon\' alt=\'Smile\' />

By crater, do you mean the actual hole in the top of the volcano? Or just some darker texture up on the top?

As for the terrain, there is not much available due to the location of the islands (middle of the atlantic, far far from regular recorded locations), the mountains and peculiarity of the islands and shapes have always lot's of cloud cover, ruining the few images that actually get captured.

We are enhancing the default landclass and adding roads, streams, and other things beyond the photoreal borders for the users to have a more immerse Azores experience.

Terceira will come, oh yes it will <img src=\'http://www.tropicalsim.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif\' class=\'bbc_emoticon\' alt=\'B)\' />

Best Regards,

Leandro Machado
http://www.TropicalSim.com
Reply
#5
Hi Leandro

yes i was thinking about the crater hole atop. On Google earth, we can clearly see it.

But anyway, good luck with the next packs !

Dom Mason
Reply
#6
Quote:Hi Leandro

yes i was thinking about the crater hole atop. On Google earth, we can clearly see it.

But anyway, good luck with the next packs !

Dom Mason

Hi Dom,

I'll see what I can come up with for the volcano. The mesh data used is the highest resolution available, unfortunately no Arc-1 data is available for a higher precision, so what I can do is try to make some manual flattens on the top. If you look at the sat images bellow:

[Image: Image4.jpg]

You'll see it's a little bit concave, on one side it seems like there are some volcanic walls, and a little "peak" (which not surprisingly means pico in Portuguese), but there no hole per say like the one bellow in Hawaii which is what I though you meant:

[Image: Image8.jpg]


What I can try to do is work with some flatten commands so we can see the little "walls" on the south side, but I have to be carefully otherwise I'll screw-up the little peak. FSX is easier to model the mesh, but FS9 is pretty erratic and sometimes trying to make it better, ends up being worse due to the lower resolution available.

Here's our current mesh, the top and the little peak:

[Image: Image6.jpg]

Best,

Leandro
Reply
#7
Wow yes, it woul be great. And it worths the shot trying the flatten thing !

Thanks !

Dom
Reply
#8
Hi Leandro

I just installed the update/fix for Pico and it worked like a charm,thank you very much for the quick response and in this case solution to the problem.


Any word on Corvo?
Reply
#9
Quote:Hi Leandro

I just installed the update/fix for Pico and it worked like a charm,thank you very much for the quick response and in this case solution to the problem.


Any word on Corvo?

Hi,

I spent today working on the island, correcting the coastlines that are very off from the real world position, added roads, streams, changes landclass data to better reflect the real world island outside the photoreal area. Take a look at the before and after, also remember it's not complete yet, some little things still need to be done. Here you'll see not only the landclass changes, but also the mesh of the island, completely overhauled from the default flatness we see.

[Image: Image11.jpg]

[Image: Image12.jpg]

OBS: This will also be done to the islands of Santa Maria and Pico

Best Regards,

Leandro Machado
http://www.TropicalSim.com
Reply
#10
Looks Excellent..........Cant wait.....
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)